- Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit the Site;
- when you register as an end-user of our Service and an account is created for you;
- when you contact us for help; and
- when the Site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
We do not require you to include sensitive information (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning sexual orientation). In the event that you provide such sensitive information as listed above, you acknowledge that you have provided the Company explicit consent to receive such information.
2. Lawful Basis for Processing (EEA and Switzerland only)
With respect to personal data collected from individuals from the European Economic Area or Switzerland, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal data from you only where:
- we have your consent to do so;
- where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the services you have requested) or our customers; and
- where processing is in our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of a third party; provided that such interest does not outweigh the fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals.
3. Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use personal information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform analysis about your use of the Site and Service;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- respond to investigation, court orders, legal process, or to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law; and perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
4. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- we may provide your information to vendors who perform functions on our behalf, such parties provide hosting and maintenance services, virtual infrastructure, analysis and other services for us;
- we may provide your information to certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, to assist you with our services; contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you; or provide you with their products or services;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the security or integrity of our products and services, and when you give us consent to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
5. Your Access to and Updating of Personal Information
You may correct, update, modify, delete or deactivate your personal information by contacting:
- your program administrator or
- our support team by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Company will provide reasonable access to your personal information within 30 days at no cost to end-users and customers upon request made to the contact information provided above. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, our Company will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
6. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our Company uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between our Company and you to help ensure its security. The Site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Site or Service, please contact us.
- Web Analytics Services. We use one or more third-party data analytics platforms to improve the Site and Service, including but not limited to:
- Links. We may create links to other Web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our Site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this Site does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
8. Limiting Use, Disclosure, Retention
Our Company identifies the purposes for which the information is being collected before or at the time of collection. The collection of your personal data will be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by our Company. Unless you consent or we are required by law, we will only use the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected. If our Company will be processing your personal data for another purpose later on, our Company will seek your further legal permission or consent; except where the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. We will keep your personal data only as long as required to serve those purposes. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Accuracy of Personal data
We do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold and use is accurate. We rely on the customers we do business with to disclose to us all relevant information and to inform us of any changes.
10. Marketing Communications
We offer those who provide personal contact information a means to choose how we use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non- transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
11. International Transfers of your Personal Information
The Site and Service is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that we collect from you is currently stored and processed in the United States. If you are accessing the Site or using the Service outside of the U.S., you need to understand that by accessing our Site or using the Service, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. Please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law in your jurisdiction.
12. Children’s Privacy
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately.
13. Your California Privacy Rights (California only)
Our Company does not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Site or use the Service.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Our Site and Service are not intendent to appeal to minors. However, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site or Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing personal information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
14. Additional Rights (EEA and Switzerland only)
If you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws, including:
- Right of erasure. You may have a broader right to erasure of personal data that we hold about you. For example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations, among other things.
- Right to object to processing. You may have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to restrict processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. For example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held.
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal data in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal data to another data controller without hindrance.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our support team or contact our Data Protection Officer (see our contact details in Section 17 below). We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You may also have the right to make a privacy complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal data for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
15. Notice to End-Users
Our Service is intended for use by organizations. Where the Service is made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Service and is responsible for the accounts and/or Service over which it has control. Please direct your data privacy questions to your program administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy.
Program administrators may be able to:
- help you exercise the rights described in Section 14 above (if applicable);
- allow you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the services;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- change your information, including profile information associated with your account; and
- allow you or restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
16. Changes to our Privacy Statement
Our Company may change this Privacy Statement at any time by posting a new version. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Statement periodically as your continued use of the Site and the Service represents your agreement with the then-current Privacy Statement.
17. Contacting Us
Updated: December 7, 2022