Allison Whalen, Co-Founder and CEO at Parentaly, joined us on The Modern People Leader.
She shared what she wishes people would have told her before she became a parent and took leave. Then, we talked about what the best companies are doing for parental leave.
- Allison’s personal struggles dealing with the career stressors of parental leave (3:55),
- what she wishes people would have told her before she took leave (8:20),
- why parental leave is front and center right now (18:20),
- moving past the old way of thinking about paid leave (22:16),
- the challenges companies face with extending leave (22:36),
- using parental leave to take inventory of what work matters most (28:08),
- and re-onboarding parents when they come back to work (31:36).