In the last two years have brought about significant change and massive disruption to our lives. After years of being disconnected and having to deal with health, economic, social and political challenges, empathy has never been a more important competency for leaders and managers
Historically, empathy was a “soft skill” that may not have been a priority for many leaders. With increased adoption, technology has become a critical part of enabling remote and hybrid working. It has also blurred the lines between work and personal lives increasing the importance of emotional intelligence for those in leadership roles.
In this episode of Engagement Experts 101, Jakob Franzen, Executive Coach at The Modern Coaching Company, shares why empathy has become such a vital leadership skill and how businesses can cultivate empathy in the workplace.
- Stephen Huerta, Chief Executive Officer at Workify
- Jakob Franzen, Executive Coach at The Modern Coaching Company
- Why empathy is such a critical leadership skill
- Positive impacts of empathic leadership to your business
- Common challenges managers face in improving their EQ
- Strategies for creating a culture that promotes compassionate leadership
- Trickle down positive affect empathy can have on your business