Mita Mallick, co-host of the Brown Table Talk podcast and Head of Equity, Inclusion, & Impact at Carta, joined us on The Modern People Leader.
We talked about the importance of belonging, the big disconnect between the billions of dollars being invested in DEI and a true understanding of the work that’s being done, and what to do if you’re working in a toxic environment.
- Her career journey (3:10),
- How Brown Table Talk started (7:56),
- Why Mita refers to it as the great awakening and not the great resignation (11:47),
- How to increase the sense of belonging (13:45),
- The barrier in truly understanding the work that’s being done in the DEI space (17:40),
- Is the shift to hybrid creating a new dimension to bias in the workplace? (22:37),
- How companies can better support managers and better protect employees (27:45),
- Advice for the people experiencing toxic interactions at work (37:23),
- How to prevent toxic people from slipping through the cracks of your hiring process (39:47),
- The career advice Mita would give her 22-year-old self (43:58),
- And how we are back to 1980s levels of women in the workforce (45:16).