Christopher D. Lee, CHRO at William & Mary, joined us on The Modern People Leader. He shared how he went from a Lieutenant Colonel in the Marine Corps to being the CHRO of one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in the US.
We discussed how a leader’s job is to help each employee be their very best, why boosting your employees’ confidence is important, and how to drive performance conversations by asking the right questions.
- why HR practitioners are miseducated & the 4 elements of HR,
- a leaders job is to help every employee be their very best,
- discretionary effort = employee engagement,
- boosting the confidence of your people,
- asking the right questions to drive performance conversations,
- and the common objections to scrapping the performance review.